GMSplus is the ground breaking latest generation of the GeoSIG Measuring Systems with highest performance, excellent operational flexibility and enhanced connectivity. The unit is based on the GMS technology of NetQuakes Seismographs, which are developed in close coordination with USGS, and deployed in high quantities in North America establishing the NetQuakes network.
It includes an Ethernet connection and optionally a Wi-Fi (b/g/n) module to ensure fast and reliable data transfer. Both wired and wireless network interfaces can be used simultaneously.
Its design and efficiency makes it the first choice for any application requiring seismic instruments. With its optimized installation, operation and maintenance philosophy, the GMSplus offers the real possibility to implement high density arrays with total costs at a small fraction of conventional strong-motion seismograph networks.
The instrument’s software processes data in real time. If triggered by a seismic event, GMSplus calculates a number of Event Parameters and reports them to a data centre immediately.
GMSplus is a self-contained instrument and is equipped with an uninterruptible power-supply, which provides more than 24 hours autonomy.
The GMSplus uses an “Intelligent Adaptive Real Time Clock” (IARTC) with self-learning temperature compensation, improving the accuracy of the RTC or TXCO significantly. The IARTC is able to synchronize with GPS or NTP to UTC timing to provide high timing accuracy. Optionally the unit itself can act as an NTP server as well.
The instrument can be locally connected to a laptop through its ports for configuration, testing or data retrieval. Same functions are available remotely as well.
Wired or Wireless Interconnected Network option enables the use of several units together in a time and trigger synchronised manner.
Optionally the USB support enables the user to connect various external devices such as high capacity storage devices, 3G modems, etc.
Some outstanding features of the GMSplus are as follows:
- Configuration and status monitoring via Web Interface compatible with Smartphones
- 3 or 6 channels, up to 1000 sps sampling rate
- Low noise individual 24-bit ? - ? ADC per channel
- Internal built-in and/or external sensors
- Wired Ethernet, Wi-Fi and Serial links
- Smart NTP timing, GPS time base, or time synchronisation via radio channel or cable
- Enhanced connectivity via landline modems, 3G cellular devices and satellite links
- Recording to SD or CF cards, up to 128 GByte
- USB interface for external storage and communication devices
- Continuous data recording to ringbuffers
- Flexible configuration of multiple triggers
- Simultaneous data streaming to several clients with Earthworm integration; SeedLink
- On board data processing and evaluation
- Rugged aluminium housing with levelling base plate for easy installation
- Simple and secure communication over Internet with full remote management
- Internal battery, low power consumption
- Alarm output with up to 4 relays flexibly configurable for different types of events
- Easily configurable interconnected networks with common timing and triggering