Vibration calibrators are vibration exciters providing a sinusoidal mechanical output at constant frequency and magnitude. They are used to determine the sensitivity of vibration sensors and measuring chains. Metra has been manufacturing vibration calibrators for more than 5 decades. Today we offer a series of devices covering most applications of field calibration. Applications include:
- Test and sensitivity measurement of accelerometers and velocity transducers
- Test and sensitivity measurement of Eddy current probes (VC21D)
- Measurement of frequency response (VC120)
- Function test and fault finding in measuring chains and sensor cable installations
- Evaluation of sensor coupling parts The instruments are battery-powered making them suitable for both field and laboratory use.
Metra’s vibration calibrators are known to be robust and powerful devices. Their outstandingly high payload makes them a good choice for the excitation of heavy objects. Test objects are attached by an M5 threaded hole, by a magnet or adhesively. Metra’s vibration calibrators are supplied with a traceable calibration certificate. DKD calibration can be offered on demand.